[BC] The "Net Neutrality" proper position to have ??

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Wed Nov 24 21:58:06 CST 2010

------ At 05:56 PM 11/24/2010, Gary Glaenzer wrote: -------

>The powers-that-be are worried that some of us might pay more for greater
>speed, and that just won't do

The consumer can now be legally charged for more speed. The
Google/Comcast issue is an argument that ISPs can charge content
providers. If they won't pay extra, they'll risk being throttled back.

>The 'downtrodden', who can't or won't pay for it, insist it is a 'right'

I haven't seen any reference to the "downtrodden." As it stands, if
they don't pay for 50 megs, they don't get it.

Rich