[BC] AM Air Quality

Dave Hultsman DHults1043 at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 11:39:01 CST 2010

Good comment Kyle

I recall a small local AM station on 1490 in Texas, was located about two miles from their transmitter site. I was always impressed  with two things they had.   Their Air monitor sounded as good as the audio going out and they had a remote control system that had four meters that operated all the time.  Plate Voltage, Plate current, Remote Base Current and Modulation were all visible simultaneously. Their audio was from a Millen or Misner solid state HI-Fi crystal radio that was available from Allied Radio or any supplier.  Used No AC except for a audio line amp.  It was tuned to the AM frequency with a 15 foot outside antenna.  The remote control was homemade and used about five pairs on phone lines. Everything was metered to ground. The had high power & low power , raise/lower and off for control.  The lines were cheap since it was only two miles.

Dave