[BC] Signal Strength Question

Kyle Magrill kyle at circuitwerkes.com
Wed Nov 24 11:05:54 CST 2010

There are lots of tall towers in Florida, though most of the
ones in the Miami-Ft Lauderdale market top out around 1,000'.
The Fort Lauderdale candelabra has been up since the early 1970s
and is only 50% guyed.  Everyone thought it would fall as soon as
a puff of wind came along, but it proved them all wrong.

Florida stations with tall antennas include:
WJLQ (Pensacola) at 520 meters,
WHPT (Sarasota) at 503 Meters,
WTKS/WJRR/WOMX/WRUM (Orlando) at 487 meters,
WOCL/WMGF/WJHM (orlando) at 484 meters,
WMTX/WFLZ (Tampa) at 472 meters,
and the list goes on for a long while....

The tallest one that I have personally been involved with
was 1249'  just outside of Daytona Beach made by Allied Tower.
It had a 5' face.