[BC] AM Stereo

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Tue Nov 23 21:42:43 CST 2010

I installed the C-Quam exciter in their MW-5A. It had better then 35 db of
separation all up and down the audio band. The Journal newspaper (former
owner) had bought the equipment and never installed it. Same thing with a
brand new BE-FM30 for the FM.

They would not let me put in any (other) stereo equipment (lines, processing.
etc.) on the AM, so I has an Orban stereo synthesizer on it for a while. After
I left they finally put in stereo lines and processing.

I also put the stereo on WJIB-740 in Boston.

I have a BE AM-1 that has C-Quam built in. When WURD moves studios next year I
might go stereo just for the hell of it. There's one C-Quam station left in
Philly-Mega 1310. It sounds quite good in my 1999 Plymouth Voyager (from
Arizona).

-D

From: Dave Gardiner <DG19075 at aol.com>

Dana may remember this...
Providence RI had an AM stereo station for awhile.....WWAZ 790
was the call. I had a stereo Walkman at the time, and the audio was just
amazing!

--
Dave Gardiner