[BC] AM Stereo and Leonard Kahn

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Tue Nov 23 21:27:20 CST 2010

Leonard is a nice guy, and a VERY sharp guy.  He has done a lot more
than just AM audio processing and AM Stereo.  He has designed all
sorts of stuff for the defense industry.

A good friend of mine worked for him for years.  He hardly touched AM
Stereo, even though he was there when the fight was going on.

That being written, he wasn't the smartest businessman when it came to
the AM Stereo fight.  Motorola didn't want to make stereo generators.
In fact, they promised to stop making them once there were enough
other manufacturers.  They wanted to make the chips for the radios.

Kahn wanted to build the stereo generators, and license the chips.  He
should have licensed the manufacturing of the chips to Motorola and
everyone would have been happy.

--chip