[BC] The "Net Neutrality" proper position to have ??

Jeff Carter broadcast at hidden-valley.com
Tue Nov 23 16:42:48 CST 2010

I alluded to this earlier, but it's not opinion, it's fact that we lag
much of the developed world in Internet connectivity.

I consider myself a Libertarian, but I still believe that government
has legitimate functions, one of which is to provide for the common
defense, foreign and domestic threats included.
History is repeating itself from my point of view in that we've
already had to battle this domestic threat of consolidation/control by
corporations back in the Bull Moose years.

The pendulum is swinging back in that direction, and we need another
Teddy Roosevelt.  If memory serves, at the point some of the
corporations of that time were broken up they had more market
capitalization/bigger budgets than the US Government did.

In this age of instant global communication and multinational
corporations, I'm not sure how the corporations will be broken or if
they'll break the populace instead.  Currently, the government in
Ireland is being dictated to by corporations housed there to the
effect that if corporate tax rates change the corporations in question
will leave Ireland.  The US is far from the only game in the world now
so I don't know how this will play out...but regardless I can see that
the average consumer is in for a world of hurt until something is
done, and this during a time when the dollar is being actively
inflated and average American incomes are more or less fixed when not
slowly dwindling to Third World levels.

NB: I'm operating totally from memory here and all stated
facts/personages/details are subject to Old Age Correction Factors.

Jeff