[BC] AM Stereo and Leonard Kahn

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Tue Nov 23 15:49:06 CST 2010

------ At 11:28 AM 11/23/2010, RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote: -------

>Kahn is a genius and a great American who started to "think out of the box" long before it became fashionable.
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1449901379/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link
>He is currently trying to help fix the government and in so doing encounters great problems with the revisionists who have proved that if you repeat a lie long enough it is taken for the truth.

Agreed. Leonard is all you've mentioned and more. He's been a dear friend of mine since my days at XTRA when we ran the Kahn stereo system. I represented him on the West Coast for a couple of years. If you're a friend, he'll go to the ends of the Earth for you. Cheat him or misrepresent  him and you'll feel the "Wrath of Kahn." Leonard didn't cause the death of AM Stereo. He was proposing a multi-system chip that would let the stations decide. I blame Motorola for the death of the system. I see great similarities between Motorola and the IBUZ company. No interest in radio. Just interested in selling chips and equipment.

How many here believe that Motorola or any of the other companies with systems wouldn't sue if their patens had been violated. They'd do it with truckloads of money. Leonard did it almost alone.

Until he was cheated and forced to sue, his goal was always the improvement of AM radio. We had many and frequent phone and in-person conversations throughout the AM Stereo battle. How many on this list have as many patents as he does? How many have as many patents that they wrote and submitted themselves?

He told me he's been spending less time in radio because of some significant government work.

Yes. He's a hero.

Rich