[BC] Cart machines

Dale H. Cook radiotest at plymouthcolony.net
Tue Nov 23 10:34:20 CST 2010

At 10:02 AM 11/23/2010, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

>I'm not sure any cartridge machine was any good by today's standards.

The best I ever worked with, by far, were Tomcats by Pacific
Recorders. They were by far the most reliable (and also the most
expensive), and the support was superb. The operators cleaned the
heads, capstans and pinch rollers once per shift, and I benched them
monthly (when they got a full alignment, a basic audio proof, and any
replacement parts needed from our extensive stock of those parts).

Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html