[BC] can technology create a significant revenue source

Craig Bowman craig1 at shianet.org
Mon Nov 22 20:07:50 CST 2010

I would argue that the key is to recognize the demand which already
exists and then fill it.  Trying to create a demand is very difficult.
Most of your examples were proprietary (Beta, Divix, ATRAC, etc.) which
do not allow for competition.  This is just one of many examples of how
counter-intuitive economics can be.  I bet it sure looked good on
paper...in a book.

Craig Bowman
Bowman Engineering
Local HDTV, Inc.