[BC] The wrong way to deal with tech budgets

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Mon Nov 22 00:07:33 CST 2010

Good luck with that!

On the other hand $70k is pretty low pay for a qualified guy.

Unless I don't have to carry a pager or Crackberry, and only work a
business 40 hour week, I am not going to even consider $70, unless it
has some real perks.

Hey, Internet guys make twice to three times that.  I can read, and
change specialties.  AND, I don't need to know about a lot of stuff in
the Internet side that a station engineer needs to know.

When I learned a good friend is making $160k and is UNDERPAID on the
Internet side, I decided...

Heck, rack monkies working for Amazon make $60k before overtime and
all the do is swap out servers in a server center.  Why be on call for
$70k?

--chip