[BC] Can technology create a significant revenue source for radio?

Alex Hartman goober at goobe.net
Sat Nov 20 12:42:45 CST 2010

BAD idea. HD radio is catching on like a matchstick. Market penetration is damn near non-existent. People aren't willing to pay $100 for a "Tabletop" HD Radio where you CANNOT hear the difference. Until HD radio becomes commonplace in average consumer goods (think car stereos, not aftermarket either!), or home theater in a box kits, or even mid-grade AVRs... and even still i think you'd have a market penetration problem, because the tabletop radio also has an iPod dock in it, the HTiB's have DVD/Bluray players, and the mid-grade AVRs have ethernet with Pandora options!

No no, the delivery method is not the problem... Hell, my cell phone has an FM radio in it.

--
Alex Hartman