[BC] What doesn't work on radio

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Sat Nov 20 10:53:32 CST 2010

On Saturday 20 November 2010 12:52:58 am Alex Hartman wrote:

>  ("this hour of
> music brought to you by miller cheverolet!" every few songs) instead of 23
> minutes an hour of horribly produced ads by 19 year olds at the corporate
> station 300 miles away...

 Seems to work for the Grand Ol Opry, and has for how many years now ?
 I'm actually shocked that more don't realize that what works, works !

> The old commercial-free hour of music is so fake it hurts.

 Remembering the first time I ever heard "twelve in a row" which wasn't.
 Nearly every song was a stop to tell us that they weren't stopping, and
 every song was interrupted to remind us that there were no interruptions.
 In other words, only the "commercial" content was different, and not
 by much.

> As for the digital revolution, get with it folks. It's not going anywhere.

 There will always be content providers.
 Whether or not WE will be providing it remains to be seen, I'm afraid.
 The delivery "stream" WILL change. It already is.

--
Cowboy