[BC] Assistance with a tall tower

Brew brew at theMode.com
Thu Nov 18 21:39:33 CST 2010

> Station DJ said the problem started after a two day rain. Ball gap is clear.

Seems to me I remember hearing once of a base insulator filling up
inside with water after a heavy rain, then it would be OK again when
it dried out.

Are the weep holes clear?  For that matter, do the weep holes drain
the inside of the insulator?

I can't recall ever seeing a base insulator without a tower on top of
it.... they are big ceramic cylinders and hollow, aren't they?

brew  Bruce Schiller  CBS-TV NY Master Control Maintenance and WA2ZST