[BC] Assistance with a tall tower

Miltron miltron at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 18 13:55:04 CST 2010

First, I would like to object to the use of the word BRIDGE as used here; it already has a meaning in electrical work: to PARALLEL (usually with the connotation that it is for the purpose of sampling).

But on to your question:
Wellllll, what does the license show as the R and X of the tower ?
A Pi network is somewhat superior,--but you need to have a way to make the shunt elements variable,--which you usually don't, so T networks are more common. If you're on a lower frequency with a 2F station in the area, it may take a Pi network to get the 2nd harmonic down sufficiently.
This station sounds like a Brer' Rabbit special: a tar baby and maybe a hornet's nest, too...............