[BC] iPod warning

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu Nov 18 07:13:03 CST 2010

On Thursday 18 November 2010 01:11:59 am Broadcast List USER wrote:
> Curt:
>
> So, you are the guy who bought the third Nokia 6450i!

 No, the 6340i !
 Largely because it was a "gate" phone, and would work anywhere.
 Mostly, it still does.

> We still have them.  We have five batteries because when I was in
> rural Nevada I would go through two or three batteries in a day
> because I was a LONG way from the cell site, and it was AMPS (analog).

 This one lasted about a day analog, about three days in the earlier
 digital mode, and a good week GSM.

> It was, and pretty much still is a great phone, but it won't work
> analog anymore.

 This one is "adequate" though analog is gone. It will still try.
 Never was a great phone, it just works badly everywhere.

> I still rotate the batteries through the chargers, and I have even
> pressed one into use with the SIM card from my iPhone

 Unlocked it years ago, and it'll work with about any SIM card that
 will fit, which surprised me.

 It's showing it's age, and I should replace it.
 When I can find a phone that is JUST a phone.......

--
Cowboy