[BC] Type acceptance

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Wed Nov 17 13:20:30 CST 2010

On Wednesday 17 November 2010 01:13:10 pm Mike Callaghan wrote:
> Question:  What happens to the FCC type-acceptance on a transmitter when
> the driver tubes are replaced with solid-state ?  Or is type-acceptance
> passe' these days ?

 The ONLY place type acceptance is mentioned these days, is as
 a REQUIREMENT on every CP issued, even though there hasn't
 been a type *accepted* transmitter in many, many moons.
 No one has done any type acceptance for decades.

 The "official" answer from the FCC engineer on the NAB floor
 a couple years ago ?
 "We don't enforce that, so why would you care ?"

 From the head of the branch ?
 "I'm just a lawyer, but it's probably an obsolete boiler plate."
 or words very similar.

--
Cowboy