[BC] KOMO Towers

Tom Dimeo am at pa321.net
Tue Nov 16 12:28:25 CST 2010

Again I'm going to show my lack of knowledge of AM
directional arrays.  I was looking at the FCC antenna data
for the night pattern of KOMO 1000 kHz in Seattle and wonder
if someone would explain a bit about it to me.

I understand about the different tower heights, 185, 180 and
170 degrees but I don't understand what the spacing and
orientation information mean.

Spacing, 105, 10.5 and 105 degrees, does this mean that tower
2 is only 10.5 degrees from tower 1?

Orientation, 10, 70 and 190 degrees, does this mean that
tower 1 is at 10 degrees, very slightly east of north, and
that tower 2 is in a line of 70 degrees from tower 1 and
tower 3 is in a line of 190 degrees from tower 1?

And, if I can get another answer, is there a specific reason
for the different tower heights?

Thanks,

Tom