[BC] about STL dishes and jumpers

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 19:02:03 CST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Gary Glaenzer <glaenzer at frontier.com> wrote:
>If it would 'go thru a dozen jumpers or more' in 26 years, there's something
>seriously wrong with the jumpers or their installation

When I first put KHCS on the air, we were using a 3-bay Jampro JLLP which has interbay cables.  Edom Hill gets a lot of wind, and there were times I would be up there when I couldn't even stand up.  No matter how much I tried to strap down those cables, metal fatigue would set in after a couple of years and we would lose power to one of the bays.  When it came time to increase our power, I decided on a very robust 6-bay, 1/2-wave from Antenna Concepts.  No more antenna problems after that!