[BC] Max Retriever update again

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky at prodigy.net
Sat Nov 13 08:37:50 CST 2010

Many years ago in a time far away I worked with a transmitter manufacturer
on their transmitter time scheduling firmware. I had suggested several
improvements including a 14 month year to accommodate those periods between
EST/DST times. Each revision required replacing ROM chips on each of two
controller boards and reprogramming the system. This, of course, took time
and I had many punch list items on my studio list.

The GM called the District Sales Manager demanding the station be
compensated for my time as the manufacturer informed me they did not have
the resources in house to dedicate to this project at that time. The DSM
(RIP) was a consummate professional and thought he would just come in and
calm down a frustrated GM. I had all the chips in a cigar box. When the DSM
saw the box he got on the phone with his boss and informed him he was ready
to sign off on payment to the station. The manufacturer dedicated time to a
final release and no more chip swaps.....

In a way the updates are nice as it shows a dedication to improvement and
customer satisfaction. Remember, people who write the code are NOT the ones
who use it on a daily basis.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE
Enjoying a nice day just watching the sun in the blue sky.....