[BC] News or EAS?

Larry Fuss lfuss2 at cox.net
Fri Nov 12 14:56:07 CST 2010

> Shades of the early days of ENG TV.  WLAC-TV in Nashville  had two ENG
trucks before any of the other stations.  They would have two live shots
during the 6 PM new every night.  Usually awards dinners or a traffic
accident.

The FOX station in Las Vegas does live shots on the 10pm news from the site
of traffic accidents that occurred hours earlier in the morning commute.
"We're standing here where a tourist was run over at 7:15 this morning.  It
happened right behind me and you can't see it now because it's dark, but
this is where it happened."

LF