[BC] a colleague in need of help

Andy Soule andysoule at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 13:16:02 CST 2010

I had from a decent job I really enjoyed with a company that made a series of poor decisions.  Most of us were downsized and the remains basically were given away.

I Am fortunate I got a full time gig pushing buttons at a local TV station.  I often joke the only reason I watch Dancing with the stars is because I am paid to do so!

But that job is not nearly enough to cover my living expenses, child support, alimony, etc., and I have scaled back to the bone.  So in addition, I work one part time airshift each week and do fill-in as needed.  I picked up a contract to take care of a nearby college station.  Engineering a pair of local AM's that are barely squeaking by.  Switching video on the jumbotron scoreboard at the local arena for the university's hockey and basketball games.  And I have 5 other occasional clients for whom I do projects and emergency work.

There are no "days off" around here!  I'm tired.  As I am sure many of you are.  It took about a year to put all of the above together.  Beating the bushes helps.  You have to keep at it.

Andy Soule