[BC] Transmitter metering

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 18:31:49 CST 2010

I got my 1st phone on April 24, 1963. At my first broadcasting job, I had to sit TX watch every night, seven days a week at WARE (three towers night, one day). I didn't have any social life, but I was only nineteen at the time so I couldn't legally go to any bars. I earned $100 per week, but I was able to live at the TX site where I built an apartment. My first interaction with the FCC was to obtain remote-control authority...Then Al Roberts, the owner "put me to work" seven days a week at the studio, after which I'd go "home" to the transmitter site! No good deed goes unpunished!

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/