[BC] Transmitter metering

Rene Tetro rene at wfil.com
Thu Nov 11 16:51:02 CST 2010

Boy, does that take me back.  My very first engineering job after getting my
First Phone in May 1971 was sitting at a directional transmitter eight hours
a day, five days a week, and taking 1,2,3, and 5 below every 30 minutes.  By
that time we didn't record oven temperature.  To this day, it still remains
one of the more boring jobs I've had.  Two years later, after submitting
proof to the commission that the array (which was installed in 1970) was
stable, we installed a Moseley remote control and I moved to the studios and
got to do some actual work.

Rene'

Rene Tetro
WFIL-WNTP