[BC] Skyline TV Promo

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Wed Nov 10 18:43:04 CST 2010

On Wednesday 10 November 2010 04:59:09 pm RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote:
> That is why someone in the AGENCY needs to go to prison. Such a commercial
> represents entrapment and fraud.

 We disagree !
 ( in methodology, not fundamentally )

> In the normal conduct of business, a
> licensee cannot review every word that will be spoken, every sound that
> will be transmitted, etc.

 The licensee accepted that responsibility voluntarily when they/he/she/it
 accepted a license.
 They have affirmed by doing so that they not only can, but WILL do so.
 That a licensee has affirmed responsibility for an impossibility is further
 testimony that the licensee should be held responsible.

> The agency represented that the commercial was
> suitable for broadcast at the instant it contracted for the commercial to
> be run.

 Agreed !
 It is the licensee responsibility ( IMHO ) to refuse further business with
 that agency, and to pursue damages legally against that agency, for any
 fall-out as may happen.

 Our economy allows for such a flamingo-up. ( for those not familiar with
 British humor, that's like a cock-up, only much, MUCH bigger ! )
 If licensees would refuse further business, and pursue damages, that
 agency would soon be out of business, as they richly deserve, and all
 the other agencies would be on notice.

 Somehow, these morons en-masse need to know that they can't continue
 along this "public safety be damned, give me the money" path.
 Since there is no controlling legal authority ( to borrow a phrase from
AlGore )
 to go after the agency or agency person separately, the only way I see
 it, is as I've outlined above.

 Of course, that won't happen.

--
Cowboy