[BC] AM Modulation Monitor Off Air Monitoring

Miltron miltron at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 10 15:37:24 CST 2010

You could not be more correct when you say it needs to be linear !
This reminds me of the account told to me by Bob Lambert decades ago of his trip to do an annual proof on a small town station owned by a ham who had enough technical savvy to keep things fixed but get into trouble if he strayed too far.
He bragged that he had devised a way to see modulation at the studio on a 'scope (tapped into the IF of a radio).
He was shocked and dismayed when Bobby showed him the drastic difference between modulation shown by the IF and the actual RF at the xmtr.........