[BC] VLC Media Player?

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Wed Nov 10 10:48:33 CST 2010

VLC is great. Been using it for years. It can play just about anything,
including 'pushed' RTP and UDP streams from a Barix Instreamer. The only 'bad'
thing about it is that unlike other players, when playing video it can't use
any hardware acceleration from your high end video card.
MMS is Windows media streaming. It would have played in WM player.

-D

From: Blaine Thompson <blainethompson at gmail.com>

A terrestrial radio station has an online stream.  Their streaming URL
starts with mms:// (that must stand for something?)

I e-mailed a friend at that radio station, and he recommended VLC Media
Player.

What's that?  I didn't want to download something without asking for a
few recommendations.