[BC] about STL dishes and jumpers

Miltron miltron at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 10 09:55:09 CST 2010

Why does it amaze you ?
The most frequent point of failure of low powered antenna systems on towers is the jumper or its connections. Usually, jumpers only last a fraction of the life of the rest of the system. So where is the economy in that ?
As an example, I installed an STL with 7/8" coax direct into the antenna; it hasn't missed a lick since 1984. Now, _that's_ economy ! By now, it might have gone through a half dozen jumpers, or more.
Every connector is a potential point of failure; why would you want twice as many ?
Where do these wrong-headed ideas come from ?