[BC] Thermometer

Mike McCarthy towers at mre.com
Mon Nov 8 04:57:14 CST 2010

  I believe the termerature sensor is 6ft. AGL and placed in the center
of of the enclosure.  The white box enclosure used by the NWS is a
specifically design white painted louvered WOOD box approximately 12"
square by 18" tall. The box can be in in an open area.  In fact, the
standard as I recall is for the box to be placed in an open and unshaded
location.

They use wood as the enclosure material as it has little thermal gain or
losses and no solar gain or loss properties. Properties which aluminum
and other metals and plastics do have and influence the temperature reading.

MM