[BC] batteries

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Wed Nov 3 03:28:08 CDT 2010

MANY chargers, especially the smart ones, won't try to charge a
discharged battery -- that would likely be anything beyond 80%
discharged.  The Current is too high for the Voltage applied; so they
vastly reduce the Voltage applied.  Now, in some situations, leaving
it connected for a few days will build up the charge on the battery
enough for the charger to actually do it's thing.

However, connecting another battery in parallel will actually apply
enough of a charge for the charger to work.

Yep, sad, but true.

Also, some STUPID chargers can also charge the battery.  Good news,
bad news.  For a short period of time, it can be OK, for a long period
of time, one can boil out the water, and kill the battery in a short
period of time.

--chipo