[BC] Misappropriation

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Sun Jun 28 16:10:32 CDT 2009

------ At 02:44 PM 6/28/2009, Tom Spencer wrote: -------

>How many local stations have AFTRA announcers on staff?
>Networks, maybe, but outside the major markets?

Doesn't matter. If you're affiliated with a network you're running
AFTRA commercials. Let's say you're an affiliate of one of ABC's news
networks. You're probably running all or part of the hourly newscasts
and the commercials in them. In addition, you're required to run 100+
minutes of network commercials throughout the week within your own
programming. Those cover the news actuality feeds, wall-to-wall
disaster coverage and anything else that comes with the network. When
I was there the company prohibited the streaming of any of their programming.

Even a paid music network will probably retain one or two local
avails. More AFTRA spots.

Rich