[BC] misappropriation

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Fri Jun 26 12:42:48 CDT 2009

At 08:45 AM 6/26/2009, Donna Halper wrote:
>That is a pet peeve of mine too-- repeatedly, I see my research used
>on all sorts of people's websites, none of whom ever asked, nor did
>they ever say "thanks for going through hundreds of hours of
>microfilm to find this stuff, Donna."   I realize there were no "good
>old days" but is it my imagination or were people a bit more
>courteous a generation ago?

         One of the more discouraging things
         that happened in the past year relates
         to the content of the AM Transmission
         Seminar that Phil and Alan spent
         so many hours to create - a three-day
         class and workshop with hands-on
         training.

         Sadly, although the Seminar was priced
         as low as possible to make it affordable
         to as many as possible, a couple of guys
         came to me and said they would come -
         IF we allowed him to video the entire
         program, so he could then make copies
         for everyone in his company.

         That contact basically forced us to
         put off any plans to bring the seminar
         to DVD, as it was clear that shortly after
         as it was available, sales would stop short.

         We'd still like to make the Seminar program available,
         but outside of the "live" arena, we're finding
         it hard to develop a viable plan.