[BC] Michael Jackson, R.I.P.

Goran Tomas gtomas.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 04:24:47 CDT 2009

If you've ever seen something you know about being reported in the
news, you know that facts are surprisingly often (intentionally or
unintentionally) reported wrong and/or being misinterpreted. That's
why I'm always sceptical of whatever is written or said in the media.
But putting Michael Jackson's private life aside, nobody can deny what
a great talent he was. What I loved about him was his energy! Not only
on-stage, but the energy that comes through his music. To this day
every time I hear a Michael Jackson song on the radio I just have to
turn it up! Be it Thriller, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, The Way
You Make Me Feel, Beat It, Billie Jean, Wanna Be Starting Something or
perhaps my favorite, Smooth Criminal. I find his songs just so
uplifting and engaging. Not to mention radio friendly ;-) They don't
seem to wear out. Factor in his innovative dance style, that's being
recycled over and over as well as being an inspiration to many of
today's artists and whatever you think of him, you can't deny he was
and always will be the great pop icon of our times.

Regards,
Goran Tomas