[BC] HDTV rollout wrinkle

Mike Murrell engineermike at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 23 16:08:56 CDT 2009

Maybe radio should step up and fight to move everyone off chan. 6?  Why
accept this when it possibly could be stopped?  Speaking as a non-com I
personally would like to see them all go away and for the rules of
protection to be changed.  It doesn't affect us but it does many others
around me who are being held back by a station that is no longer even using
the frequency.  I'm not downing TV but if there was a mistake made or
there's an issue then the FCC should fix it rather than allow these stations
to go back to 6 and maintain or create other issues.  Guess I'm from the old
school of fix the problem not look for a work around.
Have a good day
Mike