[BC] Orban Letter

seibold at trainride.com seibold at trainride.com
Mon Jun 15 20:52:42 CDT 2009

Quoting Robert Orban <rorban at earthlink.net>:

> Rep. Echoo has introduced a bill in Congress to regulate loud
> commercials, which means that the FCC may get involved, although in
> fact it is already against FCC Rules to run excessively loud
> commercials. I recently sent her the following letter:

Unfortunately, neither the Rep nor the Congressional staff will
comprehend in the slightest the degree of understatement in your
letter nor the context of your professional life from which you wrote
it.

...oh yes, I owned and managed a small-market FM for about 15 years;
my happiest technical moment was completing the installation of an
8000 and putting it on the air. Thanks for that box and its superb
instruction book.

Fred W9FWS
First 'Phone back when there was one.