[BC] DTV Audio Levels

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Mon Jun 15 09:40:39 CDT 2009

We now have automobiles propelled acoustically with their 130 dB plus boomers rattling the neighborhood. We have children with what appear to be iPod ear implants hanging from deformed holes where ears had once been. They cannot hear anymore so they send text-messages as a dominant communications mechanism. Surely, we now need audio compression schemes that convert the 80-decibel dynamic range of which the human ear was capable of resolving, into the top three bits of a 130 dB acoustic blast for those who still have eardrums. Say what?

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/