[BC] DTV re-scanning may not work...

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Sat Jun 13 14:42:47 CDT 2009

I rescanned and got 77 channels, including five nightlight stations (3 lowband
VHF and 2 UHF). I also am still picking up about half a dozen LPTV stations in
analog, including 3 out of core (one on channel 69). One LPTV is now on
channel 57, which formerly was a full power analog station.

IIRC, all four highband VHFs in LA went digital on their former analog VHF
assignments and they come in much better then before.

Two stations (that appear to be owned by the same owner) are running 8 digital
channels each-16 channels of foreign language. One other is running 7.
Craig, what VHFs are you picking up? I'd imagine that two are channels 7 and
10. What's the third one? Channel 9 from NH?

-D

From: "Craig Healy" <bubba at dukes-of-hazzard.com>

I scanned Thursday evening and got 32, which is the same it's been for
weeks.  Today I rescanned and got 30.  It did pick up channel 7 in Boston.
Showed three stations between 2-13 when it was only two last week.  Didn't
find the missing two so far.

Converter is an Insignia, and the antenna is an older model Channelmaster 8
bay on an 80' tower aimed toward Boston.  The Providence stations are mostly
in Rehoboth, MA and not far at all.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI