[BC] DTV re-scanning may not work...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Sat Jun 13 10:10:03 CDT 2009

After KABC-TV Los Angeles dropped their UHF signal and moments later
re-appeared on their VHF signal as KABC-DT, no amount of re-scanning
of my DTV-Pal by Dish Network would get the KABC-DT VHF
signal.  Craig Robbins ( who is lurking here) suggested that I go
into the channel list through setup and manually delete ALL of the
channels.  I did that and it then knew enough to do a re-scan on it's
own.  After that it worked fine.  By 7 PM last night I had 71
channels and still nothing worth watching.  I'll probably go through
the same process again sometime today.

I'm interested to know how many people using proper antennas and DTV
sets or converter boxes lost TV signals.

Burt