[BC] urchin.js

Dave (Book Binding Work Area) enginr at windstream.net
Fri Jun 12 12:35:25 CDT 2009

   from: "Larry" <wa4fob at scrtc.com>

 First of all, you should have never installed this script in the first
place! Duh, now here is how to uninstall it.

 The urch.sh shell script
 Create a shell script called urch.sh.. this will be executed every 1/day or
1/wk, whatever you want. The following script removes the local urchin.js,
then it wgets the latests version into the local directory.

 #!/bin/sh
 rm /home/user/websites/askapache.com/z/j/urchin.js
 cd /home/user/websites/askapache.com/z/j/
 wget http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js
chmod 644 /home/user/websites/askapache.com/z/j/urchin.js
cd ${OLDPWD}
exit 0;

 > I'm not sure who your Firefox guru is, but I'm getting hit with
 Google Anyalitics on just about all known websites. Need help to
 permanently block this tracking effort. I presume Google downloads a
 small Javascript urchin (urchin.js) module on all computers.