[BC] Aldena FM Antennas

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Sun Jun 7 17:49:53 CDT 2009

For translator (both TV and FM) and LPTV use, range testing is not required.
For that matter, it isn't required for full power TV either. Manufacturers
register their antenna patterns with the FCC in these services, so permittees
and licensees can specify; "off the shelf" directionals. Range testing is
optional in these srvices. Only in FM is range testing required for every DA.
This is SO FCC-and if they came into the 1970's (remember, this is 2009), then
they would allow off the shelf DAs for FM as well. BUT once again the FCC is
stuck almost 40 years in the past!

-D
From: "Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD" <kkbroadcastengineering at gmail.com>

Thanks Bob,

Shively and a private range are on my contact list for Monday.

Aldena finally acknowledged Friday that they had not ran the antenna's
on a test range nor had the facilities to do so.  They still maintained
that test range data was not required.  We know that to be incorrect.