[BC] Polaroid Film and Tek 495P...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Sun Jun 7 11:30:09 CDT 2009

Scott,

I used to buy Polaroid 667 from Community Camera Center in Rahway,
N.J.   Their phone number is 732-381-9232.  I would check with them
about availability.  From what I'm told there are still a lot of
people depending on this film in both the medical field and law
enforcement.  While most have gone to computer storage many still
want hard copies.  There's a lot of room for pondering on this.

Coincidentally, my friend Marv Collins and I were discussing this
very issue regarding his Spectrum Analyzer a week or two ago.  I
suspect your 495P has the GPIB interface.  If that's corrrect you
might be able to use a Prologix GPIB to USB adaptor and a program
called Printcapture.  The Prologix adapter cost $149 as offered by a
Prologix dealer on a buy it now deal on eBay with free shipping.  The
Printcapture software cost $97. I've seen the saved traces Marv gets
and they look pretty darn good.  GPIB interface cables can be
obtained off eBay for very low prices - generally under $20.00.

I have an Anritsu MS2721B and a Tek 494AP.  I will not part with the
494AP and am planning on getting the above items to work with it.  I
presently have several packs of 667 in my refrigerator.

Burt