[BC] Sine Remote with AT&T Cellular now working

KKTY kkty at netcommander.com
Sat Jun 6 16:31:51 CDT 2009

Been there, done that. Lots of comments on this thread about antennas &
signal strength... but I'd guess that's not the primary problem. This is a
known issue with Tellular phones interfacing with Sine Systems. Tellular
told me up front when I was shopping that their boxes do NOT pass CDMA DTMF
well. They were very straight-up with me, said it might work, it might not
work. Talked with sales/tech people who were familiar with Sine Systems and
b'cast remote control.

I bought the Tellular anyway, and have found that it works ok, sometimes.
Usually always works ok when we call from the station phones, although is
doesn't recognize dtmf #6 very well & we have to double punch. I should move
that function to another tone. It does NOT like my cell phone (HTC
smartphone), and doesn't usually play well when I dial from cell.

My cells and my Tellular are all on Alltel, which I understand is going to
AT&T by the end of the year.

Dennis Switzer
KKTY AM/FM
Douglas, WY