[BC] ATU broadbanding

Andy Green (Listservers) andyglist at totalbroadcast.net
Fri Jun 5 10:11:29 CDT 2009

Hi All

We are currently helping to get an AM station on air (for not much money),
and it is to use an existing tower 970ft tower, which was originally made
for 566 kHz. The new frequency is 612. In my quest to design the ATU, I was
lent a copy of Alan W. Parnau's "Broadbanding AM Antennas for Higher
Fidelity and AM Stereo, from the 1987 NAB engineering Conference
Proceedings" by Tony Mulligan (Thanks Tony!)

I decided that it would be useful to have this information in spreadsheet
form, and so set about building such a spreadsheet. Now it is done and
working, I would like to share it with other broadcasters, in the hope that
it may be useful, and to invite any improvements and modifications.

You can download it from Barry's site here:
http://www.oldradio.com/current/MW_ATU_broadband.xls

Note that it only works on Microsoft Excel, you have to install a plug in -
details on the spreadsheet).

Andy Green

Total Broadcast Consultants Ltd.,
Waterford City,