[BC] Antenna matching tuners: if from scratch

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Fri Jun 5 09:47:29 CDT 2009

On Thursday 04 June 2009 09:40 pm, wpio wrote:
>  Wow,  so there's no rule of thumb. (yes I mean input matching tuners)
>
>  In this case, ice would not be an issue so we could go for dead on
>  frequency.
>
>  However, I was hoping a Bird Thruline and cut/try cut try so to speak,
>  would work, just didn't know if there was a perfered sequence.
>
>  I doubt if I can come up with a network analyzer.

 Most of those don't screw in and out. They're just push-pull, then
 a twist locks it in place.

 One way, is to over-modulate the transmitter by as much as you dare,
 and then look for lowest over-all reflected while modulated.
 This will give you the broadest flatest bandwidth without an analyzer.

 You want to use tone modulation if possible.

--
Cowboy