[BC] Re: playlist logging software

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 22:12:47 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM, WOBC Engineer <engineer at wobc.org> wrote:

> Hello everybody! My name is Leo Famulari and I work for WOBC. We're a
> college and community station in Oberlin, Ohio (91.5 FM).
>
> Currently, we use some homebuilt software to manage our playlist
> logging, but as our playlist database grows, the software's
> limitations are becoming a problem. Do you all have any product
> suggestions for a small station with a small budget? My boss suggested
> Spinitron. Does anybody have anything to say about that?
>
> Thanks for anything you can tell me.

I have some experience with Arrakis DigiLink Xtreme.  It's easy to set up
and if you need input switching (networks, etc.) the cost is $100 per month
or $1000 per year.  That's less than the cost of tech support from a lot of
other companies.  Otherwise you can download the software for free.  There
is also a company in New Zealand whose name escapes me that looks
interesting.  I suppose I may remember the name around 3 AM.