[BC] The Mighty Wurly!

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Thu Jun 4 20:57:24 CDT 2009

Thanks. The problem with the 88 controls is that one needs to hit them with the right velocity, on tempo! That, in a nutshell, is why using electronics to read charts and play instrument is such a problem. Furthermore, although music has been charted for over 200 years, it is still not well established how to intone the musical nuances into the chart! That's one of the reasons why an excellent technician (so-called) on the piano, is not always a good musician. Even excellent technicians need to go to a music finishing school, like Juilliard, to become a recognized pianist. Naturally, I didn't go, and my music shows it. However, I am a reasonable technician and have even played in a union shop.

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/