[BC] Little Abner and his cloud

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Tue Jun 23 09:42:24 CDT 2009

I returned home yesterday afternoon only to discover that my electric service had been terminated for "non payment" of some other customer's bills! The management at Groveland Electric didn't even bother to check that the name and address was correct! The disconnection was meant for another customer, at another address, with another account number, etc.

Therefore, after I removed the spoiled frozen, now soggy non-frozen, food from my 'fridge, I composed a letter to the three commissioners who are supposed to be in charge. I demanded the immediate termination of the so-called manager. If course, it will all fall at the feet of the "three monkeys" who hear no evil, etc., unless I attack from all fronts. In an attempt to prevent this egregious misconduct from being buried, I also sent Email to the three local newspapers and the Massachusetts Department of Telecommunications and Energy.

If anybody has a secret connection to some radio station news department like WBZ (who after the death of David Brudnoy, don't give a damn anymore), about local problems, please contact me off-list. I need to make sure that Groveland Electric doesn't turn into another Unitil, the power company that abandoned Fitchburg, Lunenburg, and Townsend, forcing residents to live for the three coldest weeks of the year, without power.

http://unitil-must-die.blogspot.com/2008/12/unitil-must-die.html

BTW, after the power was restored, my main server computer, that I always leave on, failed to start because the boot drive could not restart after three years of continuous running. It's going to take me several days of hard work to restore everything, even though hard disks are cheap. Also, one does NOT turn off power to a home during three days of hard rain, when sump pumps are essential to keep the basement dry. My furnace was found in three feet of water as was my laundry equipment and tools.

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/