[BC] hot enough for you ?

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 19:43:01 CDT 2009

And I think that the utilities need to re-consider this practice overall.
The only devices that will actually reduce their power draw with lower
voltage are RESISTIVE devices, such as incandescent light bulbs. Motors,
such as in refrigerators and air conditioners, will simply draw more amps to
make up the missing voltage. This is counterproductive, because the extra
current draw simply heats the wiring all along the circuit path,
contributing to a FURTHER voltage drop, and power that is wasted heating the
wiring and transformers. In case the utility companies haven't noticed,
incandescent bulbs have largely been replaced by fluorescents. Everything
else in a house is either a motor or a switched power supply, and both will
draw more current and use the SAME amount of power.

--
Jerry Mathis