[BC] Elettroinika Hardata

Mark Earle mearle at mearle.com
Mon Jun 22 13:25:55 CDT 2009

Larry Fuss wrote:
>> Is anyone useing Elettronika transmitters, FM broadcast, TV, translators,
>>
> anything?
>
> I have an Elettronika 1kw UHF-TV transmitter at KKHJ-LP(TV).  Seems to work
> OK.
>
> LF

OK. I have a 22k (runs at 18k TPO typically) solid state FM Broadcast
transmitter. So far I've only seen this brand in LPTV / TV Translator
useage.

It's been a good unit, until last week - the 250w exciter went dark.
Micro / synth failure. To be fair, we had an air conditioner problem
last year that probably stressed everything. So the Exciter is off to FL
for service/ check.
     This TX has a 250w exciter, split 8 ways so each of 8 amplifier
drawers gets 30w max. Each amp drawer has 8 transistors, each with a
separate 48v switcher supply. So 8 amp drawers combine to get full
output. Any drawer fails, you turn off it's "mate" on the combiner (to
reduce reject load heat) and keep on running until you can shut down.
    All power supplies are monitored, so you can see volts/ amps/ per
transistor.

--
mwe
    ) )