[BC] Cool Edit and beyond

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:49:17 CDT 2009

Slow is relative;  for many smaller operations, Audacity will do fine...

And running it on a faster machine can compensate partially, as well...

The big disadvantage is that it uses an internal file structure rather
than standard codecs - so every file has to be converted twice (except
for live recordings using Audacity as the recording application, of
course.- those only get converted once, even if your desired output is
.wav files.).

I run it on a 1.2 GHz Sempron, 1 GB RAM and 120 GB HD; and while not
instantaneous, for short files like spots, it's only a very few
seconds.  About the same, in fact, as recording the copy to reel and
dubbing to cart....

<gasp!>  Did I just tell my age???? <grin>

Alan Peterson wrote:

snip 1

> Being free, Audacity is attractive but slow.

snip 2

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)