[BC] talk studio table

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 19:29:35 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Barry Mishkind <barry at oldradio.com> wrote:

> a station has contacted me, asking for recommendations for a talk
> studio table to seat about six.
>
> Given the room they have, they are thinking perhaps a 4X6 oval-shaped
> table.
>
> There are, of course, wood, Formica, granite and fake marble tops.
>
> They would like one or two "table windows," where an LCD screen can
> be suspended below the table, viewed through a glass.
>
> Any suggestions, pictures of a table you are proud of, or cost info
> estimates are welcome.

-----------------

Any conference table would be about the right size, but they can be
expensive.  And the "table windows" could possibly be retrofitted, albeit
with some difficulty.  What I used for an interview table at KHCS was a
regular bow-front desk that I got for $100 at Staples.  It would accomodate
two handily enough; three or four in a pinch.  I made up some stands out of
4x4 and a base so that the mic risers came up through the holds provided in
the desk where normally you would drop AC cords, etc.  Almost perfect
isolation of the mics from anyone thumping or bumping the table.  However,
given the "table window" thing, I would think that it would have to be a
bespoke (custom) job for $$$$.